DEXterity is a cement-based material as close to perfect as you can get with concrete. DEXterity is a high performance, dense material that can be internally pigmented to work with any color pallet, formed to any shape, and machined, cut and honed and still yield the same consistent finish. DEXterity is sealed with a premium sealer with a satin sheen imparting a soft natural aesthetic with a durable and stain-resistant finish.
*DEXterity samples available upon request.
DEXterra is an engineered cast concrete material comprised of White Portland Cement, select White Pozzolins, Silica and Quartz Sands plus natural and recycled aggregates resulting in a dense, high-performance material of low permeability. Several DEXterra concrete finishes use pre and/or post-consumer recycled materials making DEXterra an ideal material for contributing point to LEED projects. DEXterra is available in both standard and custom finishes.
*DEXterra samples are available upon request.
DEX Venizia is a concrete based terrazzo made in the flavor of traditional Venetian terrazzo. Its chunky look is the result of marble aggregate chips averaging ¾” to 1” and even up to 1 ½” in some finishes. Venizia is honed to a satin sheen and then sealed with a durable clear coat for superior protection.
*DEX Venizia samples are available upon request.
Origins is a high-performance twist on traditional concrete. Origins provides a simple honest concrete look with a personality that you get from no other material. Lightly honed to improve durability with a moderately varied texture showing a slight trace of the internal matrix of cement, sand, and natural stone aggregates.
*DEX Origins is available in any color. Samples available upon request.
Ductal®, by Lafarge - DEX is an exclusive Licensee of Ductal, an ultra-high performance concrete (UHPC). Ductal® is the result of years of research and development to create a large range of ultra-high performance concretes (UHPC), offering technical solutions for buildings, infrastructure and civil engineering. Designed with the architect in mind, Ductal®’s unique mineral makeup brings a host of benefits, from improved resistance and less maintenance, to aesthetics, ductility and durability.
Applications for Ductal
• Cladding for Curtainwall and rainscreen facades
• Roofs, sunshading and canopies
• Architectural Privacy screens and Brise soleils
• Furniture design and elements
- Enhanced ductile performance High carbon metallic fibers, stainless fibers, poly-vinyl alcohol (PVA) fibers or glass fibers lend Ductal® its unique ability to withstand deformation and support flexural and tensile loads even after initial cracking. As every project is different, we can customize the fiber and chemical formulations according to your needs.
- Very low porosity and Impermeability. Lafarge has optimized Ductal®’s matrix, fibers and admixtures to create maximum compactness and a small, disconnected pore-structure. Ductal® showed resistance to the formation of humidity and water droplets after 24 hours of exposure in a water tank. This impermeability also makes Ductal® suitable for roofing.
- Improved toughness and bond control. Ductal®’s microstructural properties strengthen the bond between the matrix and fiber resulting in a material that has increased load bearing capabilities, and requires less maintenance over an increased life-span.
- Resistance to acid attack. Ductal® demonstrates high resistance even under extremely harsh conditions where ordinary concretes would suffer serious damage. Ductal® samples have shown resistance to various aggressive elements (calcium sulfate, sodium sulfate, acetic acid, ammonium sulfide, nitrates, seawater and distilled water).
- Self-healing properties. Aging tests have highlighted Ductal®’s ability to ‘heal' itself, resulting in diminished maintenance requirements.
*DEX Ductal material is available in any color.